Relative Adoptions / Guardianships
Relative Adoptions in the U.S. and foreign countries – ICA calls these Kinship adoptions. Maybe you are a grandparent or extended relative and you seek services to make the relationship between you and the child permanent. All of these services are provided by our experienced adoption professionals.
Currently ICA can help with adoptions in:
- India – Must be approved by CARA Central Authority
- Philippines – Must be approved by ICAB Central Authority
- Romania – Must be approved by Central Authority
- Poland – Must be approved by Central Authority
- Hungary – Must be approved by Central Authority
- Latvia – Must be approved by Central Authority
- Taiwan – Must be approved by Central Authority
- Bulgaria – Must be approved by Central Authority
ALSO, IF YOU HAVE A RELATIVE IN THE FOREIGN COUNTRY WHO WANTS TO ADOPT THE RELATIVE CHILD IN YOUR HOME HERE IN THE U.S., THAT CAN BE ARRANGED WITH APPROPRIATE AUTHORIZATIONS FROM CENTRAL AUTHORITY.
In ALL CASES ABOVE, you must meet the standard definition of a relative. If the case is not processed as a Hague or inter-country adoption process then you must process with an I-130 immigration proceeding.
Guardianship services are available for Tribal cases if you are seeking guardianship of a Tribal child either relative or non-relative. Normally, in these cases you are of the same Tribe as the child.